Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Monday, May 16, 2005

What have I gotten myself into?

If you haven't heard, I won the Chancellor's Summer Research Grant a few weeks ago, and I've started my Literature Review for my research program. As I begin work, I am burdened by a single, irksome question:

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

I've never done more reading in my entire life. I'm not really seeing much else but words. I even dreamt about reading last night. It's getting to be too much. If I'd had to do this for a class, I'd have dropped it long ago.

On the other hand, it's the easiest $2,000 I've ever earned. Plus it's been a good excuse to buy myself a new laptop.

Eh, I guess I'll just hold out hope that the actual project will be better. I'm going to do some field work with this project with interviews and surveys and all that fun stuff...

...man I'm getting bored writing this, you must be bored to tears reading it.

Alright let's wrap it up:

Money = Good.
Lit. Review = Bad.
Field Work = Hopefully Good.

Anyway, to better times. If I only drank. But it might make it harder to read...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home