Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Do a good turn daily...

Well this is it. My last night at home.

If you haven't been to my website recently, you may not know that I'm leaving town on tomorrow to go be Shooting Sports Director at Camp Buck Toms for the Boy Scouts of America. I've been going there since I was eleven years old, and - though the pay kinda sucks, the hours are abhorrent, and being cooped up with a hundred adolescent male staff and thousands of scouts for eight weeks, while often amusing, is hardly the way most college guys would want to spend their summer - it feels good to give back to the program that gave so much to you.

I guess this would be my call for you to go out there and give back. "To whom much is given, much is required." I don't remember who said that, but it's the truth. I don't feel like going out on a proper rant, but I think it's easy to see that the best thing anyone can do is help someone else. So go out there and give someone a hand. It doesn't have to be babysitting 20,000 kids at a Scout camp, but theres dozens of local charities that could more than benefit from the youth and vivacity that students of The University of Tennessee could provide them with over the summer. You never know, a couple hours of your life could be the turning point in someone else's.

Think about it.

PS I'll be in town once or twice a week to check mail and probably update this thing every now and then, so you can still catch me this summer. So keep the mail comin' and I'll see you guys later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home