Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The first step is recognizing you have a problem.

Mood: Happy
Music: Reel Big Fish (seems like every time I post here I'm listening to them doesnt it?)

It's been ahwile since I've updated. Mainly because nothing interesting has happened recently. But I'm feleing bored, so let's get to why we're all here.

Hello. My name is Jon, and I'm addicted to webcomics.

I dunno how it happened really. It probably came about from not having a damn thing to do the past few weeks. I started just by checking out Penny Arcade (arguably the most popular webcomic on the internet). I didn't think I had a problem, but soon I started reading other gaming-related comics, like the always funny Ctrl-Alt-Del, VG Cats, and PvP Online. Soon, one link lead to another and I was hitting general comics more and more, including the ever hilarious Sinfest and Questionable Content. And now I just can't stop.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that there's no such thing as a gateway drug, because one comic just lead to another and another and another.

Hahaha alright. Seriously, theres are some of the funniest comics on the internet if you can tolerate more risque language and subject matter than "Family Circus". *Insert gagging noise here.

I'll share with you some of my favorite moments from these comics:
(You'll probably need to click on the images to read them)

Penny Arcade
About 2/3's of the comics here are gaming related, but some of the funniest ones haven othing to do with video games at all, like this one. The writing and the artwork is amazing. PA is updated MWF.


Ctrl-Alt-Del
Another gaming related comic, except this one revolves more along the lines of a group of gamers and their social interaction with each other (and, of course, the lunatic moron seen here that drives the comic forward). Updates MWF.

VG Cats
One of the best drawn webcomics I've ever seen, VG Cats is a weekly comic dedicated almost solely to Video Game spoofs, like this one pretty accurately describing the violence in Grand Theft Auto.

Sinfest
The first non-gaming related webcomic I got addicted to because of it's absolutely hilarious religious and political satire. The story revolves around a wannabe player and a jailbait hottie and their interactions with each other and God, who, rather than showing his face, frequently employs the use of handpuppets to interact with the characters. Other faces include: The Devil, The Right-Wing Preacher, and a pig which embodies all that is misogynistic. Who couldn't laugh at that premise? Updated daily.

Questionable Content
The newest addition to my list is Questionable Content.
This details the life of Marten his accidental roommate Faye. The story revolves around the humorous love triangle between Marten, Faye, and her best friend, Dora. Lots of jokes about sterotypes and fads, as well as some obscure indie rock references. The writing and artwork is surprisingly well done for a daily comic. The humor is much more subtle than most, and it was hard to get something funny that would make sense up here without reverting to the sex joke. But hey, it's still funny.

Anyway, that's about it for what I've been up to. Hopefully starting school again will take some of this free time off my hands.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home