Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What's goin' on

Mood: Stressed, but happy
Music: Reel Big Fish

I decided it was about time for an update. Nothing big is goin' on lately, but I've got a few small things I can talk about.

First of all is the end of classes. Thank you God. This had been one hell of a semester what with taking 25 hours and all. But I managed to survive and I actually ended up doing pretty well. There's still finals ahead, and studyin' for those is kinda stressing me out some, but not too bad and I'm sure I'll make it though alright.

Also this time of year hearalds the long awaited Beacon break. I've written nonstop for the last sixteen weeks. Tuesday was the ONLY day of the week that didn't get a day off this semester. I even had to write two pieces while I was out of the country lol. I need some time off to recuperate.

This has been a good year at The Beacon so far. We've got a pretty strong lineup of columnists, save for a couple. Some of my favorites are Steven Brooks, Jeff Cohran, Sarah Pevey, Crystal Humphrey, and Patrick Christiana. Steven and Patrick are both graduating this semester, so I'm certainly gonna miss their work and wish them the best in the future. Patrick is going to go do the right thing and take care of his many, many illigitimate children. Good for you, Patrick.

Um, hrm...what else is going on?

Well I went on my first ever blind date last night. I actually wasn't looking forward to it. Ever since I got set up, all my friends have told me nothing but horror stories. But I was pleasantly surprised. She was smart, pretty, and basically everything that everyone said not to expect and we ended up having a good time. I guess they gotta get one wrong every now and then.

Let's see...I recently saw the best movie ever made: Red Dawn. Why is this the best movie in ever made? Because the Soviet Union invades Colorado and the captain of the high school football team leads a group of teenage guerilla fighters against them. There has never been a better movie premise in the history of cinema.

I'm working on grad school stuff pretty fervently these days. Most schools have application deadlines in early January, so I'm planning on getting them done over the break. I hope Georgia or Texas A&M gives me a good present for Christmas this year.

Alright, that's about enough. Time to get back to the grindstone and finish getting ready for finals so I can put this hellish semester behind me.

~Peace out, yo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home