Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge - What the hell?

Mood: Exhausted but Exhilerated
TV: King of the Hill

Had my second Skiing class today, so that meant another trip up to Ober Gatlinburg. But on the way up, I'm always struck by how crazy, in a very stupid sort of way, a place like Gatlinburg really is. So without further ado I present:

Gatlinburg: What the hell?

As seen on TV for a reason...

Technically this is still in Sevierville, but this is where it begins. I dunno if you can read it, but this is not just any As Seen On TV Store, it's the world's largest As Seen On TV Store. I'm sorry, but I just can't let this slide. What the hell, Sevierville? What the hell?

The Passion of the Almighty Dollar

Now Pigeon Forge has a ton of awful theatres that no self-respecting individual goes to, but this is just too much. As if Mel Gibson's crappy movie wasn't bad enough, Pigeon Forge has decided that it's their turn to exploit faith for money and provide a never ending Pasison play for everyone. Have they no shame? What the hell, Pigeon Forge?

Mindless Tourist Crap

Who pays for this stuff? I mean really. Earthquake? Star Cars? What the hell, Gatlinburg? What the hell?

Easy Listening Cafeteria

I remember when Hard Rock Cafes were few and far between, and actually had decent stuff to show. Now I can't wait to get there and see Brittany Spears's gold record or Janet Jackson's malfunctioning wardrobe. What the hell? Who took the hard rock out of Hard Rock? I'll bet I couldn't hear the Ramones or the Stones in a place like this if my life depended on it.

Like riding the subway in Los Angeles

This is the Sky Lift. It goes up, then comes back down. You don't get off. You don't stop. You go up, and come back down. That's it. It doesn't go anywhere. What the hell is this supposed to be anyway?

King of the Ironies

Thankfully, Ober Gatlinburg was blissfully free of the what the hells, save for this one. The waterslide right behind the ski school just seems apropos, in the fifth dimension maybe.

King of the What the Hells

There's so much what the hell to ask here I dunno where to begin. First off, why does the Ripley corperation/company/whatever build an aquarium. Aren't they basically the Barnum and Bailey of the modern world? Jeez. And why Gatlinburg? Lets take all these tropical fish and stick em in the coldest place in Tennessee, even though we already have a massive aquarium (that is, thanks to this place, on the verge of bankruptcy) an hour away in Chattanooga? There are only three words to describe this: What the hell?

Skiing Pics

God I love skiing. I had a great week last week, and starting off this week like this is just leading up to another good one methinks. Man I had a blast. Here's some pics:

From the Chair Lift


Sliding down the slope.

Keeping balance while going down a hill at 30 mph and taking a picture of yourself is hard.


I had a great day. Man skiing is so fun. Alright, I'm off, cya later everyone.

~Peace

PS Fewer bruises this week. Just a big one on my right hip. We were working on high speed turns and, well, I'm alot better at right turns than left turns lol.

Random Quote of the Day:

Everybody's doin' the Fish. Yeah, yeah, yeah. - "Trendy" Reel Big Fish

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just drove out of the lovely, beautiful, pristine Smoky Mountain Park forest, and suddenly, it was as if Pier 39 threw up directly outside of it. I searched "Gatlinburg what the hell" and found your post. Well done. I couldn't have said it better myself.

6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home