Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Another great week begins: a new column slot and more!

Mood: Happy
TV: Star Trek: The Next Generation

My great week continues!

Well I was down at The Daily Beacon today and I was talking to Zach Zoeller, the Entertainment Editor, about starting up a new segment on video gaming. Well, long story short I got offered a second weekly column dedicated to video gaming, gamer culture, and the industry as a whole.

I'm really pretty psyched about it. I love writing my politics column for The Beacon, but I'm afraid that it misrepresents me as a person. That's kinda why I started this blog; so people could see the human side of Jon Fish. Anyway, this is my opportunity to do something more light and entertaining and fun, instead of having to be so serious and cynical all the time.

But don't worry, no regular columnists have been bumped or anything. This column won't be appearing on Page 4, but rather in the Entertainment section of the paper. It's not certain yet, but it looks like it'll be every Thursday, with my first piece going out this week (Don't hold me to that, though. The piece will be ready, but it's pretty short notice and we dunno for sure what day we wanna put it on or when we're gonna start it).

And I'll also still be doing my weekly political and social issues pieces every Tuesday on Page 4 just like before. Your regularly scheduled programming will not be interrupted in any way; this is jsut something new and exciting for you to pick up and peruse.

Anyway, unlike my other columns, this one will be dedicated to the readers, actively seeking out reader opinions on whatever issues we end up discussing and giving the audience the chance to control the content. So if you're interested in gaming, make sure you write me and let me know what you think!

Anyway, I'm really excited about it, but I'm under a deadline for tomorrow to pound out my second column for the week lol, so I'd better get to it! Talk to ya later!

~Peace

Not-So-Random Quote of the Day:
"Men, we lead those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep them from getting their filthy claws on Earth, but we found something that they're so hot for that they're scrambling all over each other to get to it. Well, I don't care if its God's own anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant Hula Hoop—we ain't gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead and a pool of their own blood to drown in!" -Sergeant Johnson, Halo

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Fish said...

Yeah, I'm sure that's what EVERYBODY wants lol.

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home