Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Fun with Google

Mood: Amused
Location: Starbucks

Most of you have probably heard by now, but if you haven't, everyone go to Google and type in "failure" and click the button that says "I'm feeling lucky" (it takes you to the #1 Google hit for that search query). Anyway, here's what comes up:


Now that's funny. The White House's official George W. Bush bio. Love those guys at Google. Anyway, I found a couple others. Try this one: go to Google and type in "French Military Victories" in quotes and click "I'm feeling lucky" again. Check it out:


There were NO results for "french military victories." Did you mean "french military defeats?" Wow that's great.

Here's one. Go type in "mentalplex" and follow the instructions. it's pretty funny.

Oh, if you've ever wondered how Google works, type in "pigeon rank" and see what happens.

They're also hiring for new jobs, like their new moon-based endeavor. Check out "lunar job" for more.


"Giant lava lamps filled with biomass suspended in seawater generate oxygen for the complex."

Alright last one. Go click on "Language Tools" beside the search bar on Google's main page. Look very closely at your choices:


That's right, if your first languages happens to be "Elmer Fudd," "Hacker," "Pig Latin," or "Klingon," Google has you covered. They even have a translator for the Muppet Show's Sweedish Chef: "Bork, bork, bork!"

Alright, I'm done goofing off now. Heh, I'm just in one of those weird, easily amused moods I guess. I'm just excited about getting to visit grad schools this week that I can't really think about anything else. Anyway, time to get some real work done I suppose. Talk to ya later!

~Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home