Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Accepted: NCSU

Mood: Exuberant, Jubilant!
Location: Class, but since I just got the e-mail telling me, I can't concentrate on the teacher anymore lol.

Where: North Carolina State University - Raleigh, NC
National Rank: 46th best Sociology program in the country
Personal Rank: 4th of 10 applied to
Program: Master of Science in Sociology enroute to Ph.D.
Funded: YES
Type: Teaching Assistantship
Funding: Tuition, Stipend, Insurance, Laptop, Some Travel
Duration: up to 6 years

This is the first one I've gotten, and I'm so excited I can hardly bear it! Its just a huge wave of relief. They say waiting on acceptances is the hardest thing any aspiring grad student will go through, and I can certainly agree. Now the pressure is finally off. I've still got 9 other apps out, but at least now I know that I can go somewhere that I really wanted to go to next year and not have to settle for something less.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! ill be jealous if you get to live in NC:)
~liz

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Jon Fish said...

aww, thanks liz!

2:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home