Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Happy VD!

Mood: Bemused
TV: Family Guy

Okay, forgive me for the title, I just couldn't help myself. :)

Aaaaaaanyway,

It's that time of year again where corporate America wrings every last cent out of poor, hapless males by manufacturing a holiday whose sole intention is to make money and get guys in trouble for not remembering it.

Just kidding!

That's right, Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I never know how to feel on Valentine's Day. It usually depends on if I'm dating someone or not. In the past if I was single on VD, I'd usually feel a little lonely...okay, right up until the point that I see how guys get worked over and basically become a woman's bitch. Then I usually feel pretty good about being single.

Then if I'm dating someone, well, I usually become that bitch. Meh, I figure "What the hell, it's one night. Then I don't gotta do it again for another six months til her birthday." Heh, j/k.

In general, I'm usually okay with the holiday no matter where I am, woman-wise. I don't mind being that bitch or being single. There's benefits and disadvantages to each. For example, being single currently, I know that I won't have to empty my wallet. On the other hand, I'll be sleeping alone Tuesday night. Eh, I can deal with either.

So, what will I be doing? Well, I was given a couple of free tickets to UTs performance of "The Vagina Monologues" at the Clarence Brown Theater, and having never seen it, I kinda wonder what they hype is all about. It looks like it could be pretty interesting, and who doesn't love Paglia-esque feminist sexual conquest?

Alright, maybe not.

Dunno who wants the other ticket, but since I'm sure as hell not gonna give it to another dude, all my female friends are gonna be bitch-slapping their boyfriends all evening long, and it'd be a little weird to invite someone on a first date to see this show, I guess I'm going solo. Meh, I'll just be the creepy guy who shows up by himself in the midst of 80% women and the other 20% of men who were dragged there by their girlfriends heh. I can deal; last time I checked, I don't tend to care what everyone else thinks of me lol.

Hrm, I dunno what else to say, so I guess that's about it. Alright, back to Family Guy. Have a happy VD everyone!

~Peace

Random Quote of the Day: A plan? Aw man, I hate plans! That means that we're gonna have to do stuff! Can't we just have a goal or a mission statement? -Pvt. Tucker, Red vs. Blue

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Fish said...

But I can't read.

12:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home