Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blog Dump #644-029A

Mood: Bored
Location: Class

Well I've got a ocuple of little things I can talk about I guess. None particularly warranting their own post, but each kinda interesting I think.

I guess we'll start with NCState. I mentioned last week that they offered me full funding for graduate study, and I was ecstatic. Well turns out they also have a recruitment weekend from March 16-18 Where I can go down to Raleigh and meet the faculty and some students and tour the department. They've offered to fly me out there and pay for hotel, so it looks like I'll be visiting North Carolina in a few weeks. I can't wait to go. It looks like a great campus and much of the faculty has dome some realy interesting work, so I'm looking forward to going.

Hrm...what else...

Heh I can post this little exchange between me and the Beacon editors this week. It's kinda funny. You'll remember last week John edited the word "pussies" out of my column and I got a god laugh out of it. You may have also noticed that this week I wrote about Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues. No, it wasn't my motivation, but the irony was not lost on me, as indicated in this (slightly edited) e-mail I sent to John when I sent in my column this week:

I can't say "pussies," eh? Well fine then, I'll just say "vagina" forty-seven times instead lol. Na that's not really my motivation, but damn if it isn't ironic hah. I kinda feel like that episode of South Park where they say shit a hundred and fifty times or whatever. I wanted to work in the "Reclaiming Cunt" title into this thing 'til I saw Amanda got it in already. She stole my thunder dammit haha.
~Peace
Jon

Here was his reply:

Ha.

By the by, I had to cut a bit for space. Just letting you know that none of it was for content. Hope you got all the gynelogical terms you wanted out of your system. Take it easy
John

Then this morning Managing Editor Amanda Sanford wrote on my Facebook wall:

And I sincerely apologize for stealing the thunder on The Vagina Monologues. I just HAD to take the only opportunity The Beacon will ever get to publish the words "Reclaiming Cunt". Such is the glory of my life.

I'll get you for that Sanford!

So let's see. Oh yeah let's talk about cars. I went and drove about five cars yesterday, after having done about 5 hours internet research and narrowing down my choices. Now I've narrowed even further. Here are the finalists:

Mazda3s 4-door


Honda Civic EX

I'm currently leaning toward the Mazda3s because its a it more powerful and much better tuned than the Civic. It's quieter and the a more "fun" ride in my opinion. But the Civic gets about 5 more mpg on either end and is considered one of the most reliable cars on the market and has won tons of awards. But Civics are also in higher demand and cost more as a result. I'm not deciding today, though. There's plenty of time. Oh I'm also going to going to go test drive a Scion tC sometime soon. Its the only one I narrowed down to that I haven't gotten to drive yet, so I guess we'll see.

As far as options, they both come with sunroofs standard. The Mazda3s also comes with a 6disc changer. It's also got an autostick feature which is an automatic transmission but allows the driver to control the gear shifting if he chooses. Both have MP3 plugs which is nice. I'll probably be going with black for my color.

Anyway, that's about it. Talk to ya later!

~Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home