Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Rod Roddy, tell him what he's won!

Mood: I don't even know how to describe it.
Music: Foo Fighters

A brand new car!

I just got back from dinner at Regas with my parents and grandparents. They took my out to dinner tonight to celebrate winning my first acceptance/assistantship for graduate school. We're just sittin there talking when my Granddad just sort of out of the blue tells me that they're really proud of me and that when I graduate there will be $20,000 for a new car waiting on me!

I was floored.

I had no idea this was coming! I didn't even know how to respond. It's rare that I'm strap for something to say, but this was one of those times. I'm not even sure I formed a coherent sentence.

See, I've never had a car that was less than ten years old. I've also never had one that was smaller than a full-sized four-door sedan (an 88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, a 92 Cutlass Sierra, and a 94 Chevrolet Caprice, the latter of which is a friggin' land yacht that barely fits in my apartment complex's garage). So for once I get to own a car made in the same decade in which I'll be driving it, and it won't have to be so big it can't be steered. I may even be able to parallel park whatever it is I end up getting lol.

So now I'm tasked with the problem of actually picking out a car. Not a bad problem to be sure, heh. I have no idea what I want. I've never thought about it 'cause I never really thought I'd be able to afford a new car anytime in the near future.

So I'm open to suggestions lol. My requirements are basically long-lasting, good gas quality, and cruise control. Heh, yes my standards are pretty low, but considering what i've been driving until now, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Man, I just don't know how my week could get any better. I guess maybe the car could come complete with a few playboy bunnies, but since the odds of that happening aren't so hot, I'll settle for a cute co-ed with an intellectual curiosity lol j/k.

Alright, I'm going to go net surfing for my new car and see what's out there.

~Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home