Welcome to my random thoughts diary. Here I dish about philosophy, life, people, and myself. I'll talk about pretty much anything BUT politics here, so have a look and hopefully you'll leave here with something to think about.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Friendship

I know, I'm rarely serious on this thing anymore, and thats how most of ya like it, but dammit, this is my journal and I get to say whatever the hell I want and I wanna be serious for once dammit!

(Oh, that's real good Jon, yell at the readers. I'm sure that'll help. Anyway...)

I hope she doesn't mind my telling her story, cause I know she reads this thing and I don't wanna embarass her, but I gotta share, I know she'll understand. I promise to be as detail-free as possible. ;) Alright, enough talkin', lets get to the story.



Today, I learned what true friendship is.

I've known this girl for years. She's probably my best friend. But something happened between us. We dated for awhile, and I just chickened out. Things were uncomfortable, but they continued, at least til' I just made a huge mistake and totally screwed this girl over. I mean I had been absolutely, 100%, totally wrong. In actuality, she didn't even know how truly wrong I had been.

We hadn't spoken for over a week, but what I'd done to her ate me up inside. I called her today and we talked. I confessed everything to her because I was feeling so bad that I wanted her scorn, her anger. I felt like I deserved it.

But she didn't get angry. Instead, she hugged me and said "I forgive you."

I forgive you.

Thank you, Erin. You have no idea how much that meant to me.

PS Congrats on med school, babe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home